View Single Post
Old 04-25-2014, 08:58 PM   #9
Escanoe

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joey View Post
I am in Cincinnati Ohio... also I didn't see where prior to now you state about it having issues for a few minutes then driving fine for a while... That isn't a transmission issue, at least not one that I have seen.. is this a 1999 D1 or D2? Also give me some maintenance history...

Plugs
Wires
Air Filter (and type used)
any Check engine light issues (codes would be best)
How many miles on the Disco
Any other issues other than the Slow down issues?
Does the engine seem to run slow or worse or just the vehicle doesn't seem to go well?

The more info the better.
My Landrover is a 1999 Discovery 1, when i got the landrover from the previous owner she said that it was tuned up, and she said that she insisted that if we engage the 4 wheel drive but i do know know why, months before the issue even started, i took the 4 wheel drive out and the issue began, then i changed the oil, transmission and the 4 wheel axle drive oil, engine oil, and i also changed the steering mechanism, i used the oil from walmart, not the original landrover oils and i also put a additive on the transmission and engine, i was able to talk to one owner of a landrover discovery 2, he told me about an air sensor, you have also made me really happy that you said the problem isnt the transmission, so now i know i was right all along. Thanks
Escanoe is offline   Reply With Quote