Go Back   Land Rover Forum > Land Rover Specific Models > Range Rover

Range Rover Discuss the Range Rover here

Old 08-17-2012, 12:49 PM   #1
lwilliams1922

Default EAS problems

I purchased a 2002 range rover a few weeks ago.
A week later the EAS lights lit up. I quickly discovered that no one in this rural military town works on them. The nearest dealer/repair center is over 4 hours away.

The car sat for over a week until we discovered the EAS unlock software. I got it hooked up and managed to get the car up. It then drove fine for a little over a week. Then when it went down again, I used the software again and then It stayed up for 2 days, this continued and now it seems that I have to use the software every day. A few times the car will stay up but most of the time It seems it will stay up if the laptop is just connected (while driving).

I'm at a loss to figure out what's going on. I check the error codes with the software every day. The errors are not consistent. Some times there will be no errors, sometimes like 15 errors and sometimes only 1 or 2 (car has moved or air supply fault).

Not sure if I should look into putting on coil springs or if its a fix I could discover and do?
lwilliams1922 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2013, 06:11 AM   #2
johnlamont

Cool EAS unlock.

Welcome to the world of the owner engineer. Basically you are on your own, but help is at hand, see storey Wilsons pages for the software and hardware to work on your problem and Rangerovers .net for all the links you will need. My personal solution was to remove the airlines from the EAS an fit Schrader valves connected to the individual airlines as a stop gap until the fault can be found. I just add a little air as required when i am towing otherwise the system is full manual. This mod is necessary for all air suspended vehicles to get you home. riding on the bump stops is not recommended. John
johnlamont is offline   Reply With Quote