Go Back   Land Rover Forum > Land Rover Specific Models > Land Rover 2 (LR2)

Land Rover 2 (LR2) Discus the LR2 here in this section

Old 11-27-2013, 12:16 PM   #1
kenb

Default 2010 LR@ seat occupancy sensor

Passenger seat occpancy sensor not detecting adult female when seated- airbag off light illuminates when occupied by adult female 110-115 lbs. Dealer replaced sensor(28 days in a loaner) then the problem recurred. Currently in a 2nd loaner for 24 days as "it can not be reproduced in the shop"...Originally told "passenger is not sitting correctly in seat" I was told that this sensor "has been an issue" Has anyone had this same issue and please share(publically or privately how the problem was addressed.
Thank you
ken
kenb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2016, 09:36 PM   #2
Larry

Default air bag sensor

I have a 2011 LR2, the seat belt and air bag lights came on and stay on. I checked for a recall on this and found their was one. I took the vehicle to the dealer to have repaired. The repair was to reprogram the air bag control module. The dealer said the module would not respond so the module was bad and needed to be replaced. But to replace the bad control module in the passenger seat the heated seat wiring would be destroyed and I would have to pay $600 to $800 to repair. Why would I have to pay for a repair that the dealer is going to cause. Did this happen to you when they replaced your control module?
Larry is offline   Reply With Quote